What to Expect at
Barry Basic Computer Coaching
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I start? Our first conversation will be a phone call to help me know your needs. This call will help me to understand the device you want training on, and what you would like to learn to do on it. From there, we will arrange a time and place to meet in person.
2. Is there a pre-assessment to determine my current skill level? Yes. On the phone, and during our first session, we will evaluate where you are now.
3. How many classes will I need? Depending on your present skills and your desired skills, you may have just one or a series of meetings. At our first in-person meeting, we will establish goals for our sessions. We will conduct all business by a contract agreement, so you can know what to expect of our sessions. Please see Policies.
4. Where do you hold the classes? Class location is flexible, based on your needs and preferences. We can meet anywhere you choose, whether a library, a café, your home, or your office.
5. Can my spouse/friend/family member come to the class with me? Yes. An additional charge will apply for each individual who joins a session.
6. What are private coaching sessions like? You will learn on your own equipment, whether desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone, or other device. Each session is designed to focus on progressing toward your learning objectives. We’ll work together at your speed, to meet your goals and ensure your learning, in a fun and interactive way.
7. My computer is very old. Will that be a problem? It won’t necessarily be an issue, though problems can arise with older computers. We can assess this in our first meeting. If you do need an upgrade, I can refer you to a colleague to help you select a computer system that meets your needs. While you decide whether to upgrade, you can utilize my laptop or tablet during a session. Even if your older computer is adequate and you decide on an upgrade later, we can meet again for coaching when you make that investment.
8. Do you offer group classes? Yes. I would be happy to discuss possible offerings with the Professional Development Director at your company or organization. Please see Services page.
9. I work on a Mac. Is that okay? Yes, it certainly is.